Ezekiel 37:27, the Logos (Part III of V)
My dwelling place will be with them: I will be their God, and they will be my people.
//We continue our theme about the Logos, as described in the prologue to John’s Gospel. John has just made a profound claim, that the Logos has finally arrived as promised, and that it came in the form of a flesh-and-blood person! The wording of John’s Gospel is not coincidental; it refers back to the book of Ezekiel—a favorite of the Johannine writings, in particular Revelation—including today’s verse.
Devout Jews looked forward to a future age, an era of righteous reign, when God himself would come back to earth, set up his messianic kingdom, and “tabernacle” among his people. The Jewish Feast of Tabernacles, which is an integral part of John’s theology in his Gospel, anticipates this great day. And now, it has finally arrived! In the opening verses of John’s Gospel, he is telling us about the very day God came down to earth.
Ezekiel and the prophets spoke truly! The promise is fulfilled! God did come back down from heaven, as promised! How can this be?
The River of Life
The Way It Happened
|Revelation: A love story gone awry.||The Gospel: A love story set aright.|
What really happened 2,000 years ago? How did a persecuted minority of end-time believers known as Christians, with their dreams of Armageddon and a conquering Messiah named Jesus, evolve into the largest religion in the world? Author Lee Harmon explores the period in which the New Testament was written in his books about John's Gospel and Revelation.
(Bloggers: you may be eligible for a free review copy! Just contact us.)
The God Show
- Book review: The Way of Serenity
- Book review: The Beckoning
- Book review: The Two Faces of Christianity
- Book review: The Book of Revelation and the Coming Judgment
- Book review: True Paradox: How Christianity Makes Sense Of Our Complex World
- Book review: The Bible Tells Me So
- Book review: That Old Devil Called God Again
- Book review: Calvin for Armchair Theologians
- Book review: Wine and the Word
- Book review: postChristian
- Book review: The Eucharist
- Book review: The Synoptic Problem
- Book review: Lost Christianities
- Come Out of Her My People
- Book review: The Bible Tells Me So
- Book review: We Make the Road by Walking
- Book review: Lincoln’s Bishop
- Book review: Becoming the Son
- Book review: The Beautiful Scientist
- Book review: Healing Marks
- Book review: Make Christmas Real
- Book review: Convictions: How I Learned What Matters Most
- Book review: Jewish Christianity Reconsidered
- Book review: Disciples: How Jewish Christianity Shaped Jesus and Shattered the Church
- Book review: Blueprint for Theocracy: The Christian Right’s Vision for America
- Book review: Excommunicating the Faithful: Jewish Christianity in the Early Church
- Book review: STABLE: The Keys to Heaven on Earth
- Book review: Judas of Nazareth
- Book review: Things That Must Take Place: A Commentary on Revelation Chapters 4-22
- Book review: Heretics for Armchair Theologians
- Matthew 28:19-20, The REAL Great Commission
- Matthew 5:13, Doing Good: The Meaning of Christianity, Part II of II
- Matthew 25:33, Doing Good: The Meaning of Christianity, Part I of II
- Luke 17:34-35, The Fate of the Raptured
- Genesis 9:4, God Allows Eating Meat, Part II of II
- Genesis 1:29, God Allows Eating Meat, Part I of II
- Genesis 25:25, The Red and Hairy Edomites
- Genesis 2:7, Rain Brings Forth Life, Part II of II
- Genesis 2:5-6, Rain Brings Forth Life, Part I of II
- Revelation 20:4, The Thousand Year Reign
- Mark 9:24, Pascal’s Wager
- Judges 21:20-21, The Tribe of Benjamin Is Rescued!
- Job 1:4-5 Why Job Ignored His Friends
- Genesis 19:32-33, The Daughters’ Revenge, Part II of II
- Genesis 19:8, The Daughters’ Revenge, Part I of II
- Hebrews 4:12, Killing with the Word
- Luke 2:38, The Promised Redeemer of Israel
- Exodus 12:8-9, How To Eat The Passover Lamb
- Mark 10:37, Sitting on Jesus’ Left and Right
- Exodus 20:24-25, Where To Offer Sacrifice
- John 21:11 Why 153 Fish?
- John :42-44, The Earliest Christian Church, part IV of IV
- John 8:28, The Earliest Christian Church, Part III of IV
- Galatian 2:9, The Earliest Christian Church, Part II of IV
- Acts 4:32-35: The Earliest Christian Church, Part I of IV
- Mark 6:22-24, Who Wanted John the Baptist Dead?
- Matthew 22:7, The King’s Wedding
- Matthew 9:7, New Wine in Old Bottles
- Mark 10:18, Why do you call me good?
- Exodus 20:26, Beware the Stairs!
Archives By Month
Archives By Category
My Favorite Feeds
- James' Thoughts and Musings
Book Write-Up: The River of Life, by Lee Harmon: Lee Harmon. The River of Life: Where Liberal and Conservative Christianity Meet. Gonzale...
- Maphead's Book Blog
Immigrant Stories Challenge: The Beggar and the Hare by Tuomas Kyrö: With 75 per cent of the year over, when I look back on my reading I feel like a lazy slacker. That...
- The Bible and Culture
Jesus is Lord, Caesar is Not– Part Eleven: If ever there was going to be a text in the NT where one could talk about an anti-imperial rhetoric...
- The Religious Left
Our Saturday Moment: By Garrett FitzGerald Originally posted on Holy Saturday, 2012A few years ago, I was privileged to...
- Threads From Henry's Web
Prophecy and All Believers: We had an interesting discussion today in Sunday School. We were discussing the 3rd chapter of my bo...
Bible Scholars’ Inability to Handle Mythicism: No Meek Messiah by Michael Paulkovich: Recently we have seen on the web more instances of otherwise reputable New Testament scholars demons...