Ezekiel 37:27, the Logos (Part III of V)
My dwelling place will be with them: I will be their God, and they will be my people.
//We continue our theme about the Logos, as described in the prologue to John’s Gospel. John has just made a profound claim, that the Logos has finally arrived as promised, and that it came in the form of a flesh-and-blood person! The wording of John’s Gospel is not coincidental; it refers back to the book of Ezekiel—a favorite of the Johannine writings, in particular Revelation—including today’s verse.
Devout Jews looked forward to a future age, an era of righteous reign, when God himself would come back to earth, set up his messianic kingdom, and “tabernacle” among his people. The Jewish Feast of Tabernacles, which is an integral part of John’s theology in his Gospel, anticipates this great day. And now, it has finally arrived! In the opening verses of John’s Gospel, he is telling us about the very day God came down to earth.
Ezekiel and the prophets spoke truly! The promise is fulfilled! God did come back down from heaven, as promised! How can this be?
The Way It Happened
|Revelation: A love story gone awry.||The Gospel: A love story set aright.|
What really happened 2,000 years ago? How did a persecuted minority of end-time believers known as Christians, with their dreams of Armageddon and a conquering Messiah named Jesus, evolve into the largest religion in the world? Author Lee Harmon explores the period in which the New Testament was written in his books about John's Gospel and Revelation.
(Bloggers: you may be eligible for a free review copy! Just contact us.)
The God Show
- Book review: The Certainty of the Unexpected
- Book review: The Question of Canon
- Book review: The Dave Test
- Book review: Worshiping with Charles Darwin
- Book review: Christian History Made Easy
- Book review: Creation Strikes Back
- Book review: Messiah: Origin
- Book review: John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened
- Book review: Battles of the Bible
- Book review: The End of Apologetics
- Book review: Doubting Stephen
- Book review: Revelation: The Way It Happened
- Book review: Mylo
- Book review: The Historical David: The Real Life of an Invented Hero
- Book review: Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
- Book review: The Gatekeepers
- Book review: When the Kings Come Marching In
- Book review: I’m Only Human After All
- Book review: God In Slow Motion
- Book review: Consider the Birds
- Book review: Paul and Judaism Revisited
- Book review: Questioning Your Way to Faith
- Book review: Appletopia: Media Technology and the Religious Imagination of Steve Jobs
- Book review: Minds, Brains, Souls and Gods
- Book review: Invitation to the New Testament
- Book review: Cycles of Salvation History
- Book review: The Problem with Christ
- Book review: 31 Rays of Hope
- Book review: I don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
- Book review: Billy Graham in Quotes
- Genesis 8:7, Why the Raven Failed
- Genesis 9:13, God Gives Us the Rainbow
- 1 Corinthians 10:21, Dining at the Table of Demons
- Hebrews 12:1-2, Laying Aside Every Weight
- James 1:1, James and the Q Sayings of Jesus
- John 9:32: Nobody Can Cure the Blind!
- John 3:5: Born out of Water and Spirit
- 2 Corinthians 13:10, The Severe Letter
- 1 Corinthians 14:11, The Barbarians
- Galations 5:11-12, I Wish the Knife Would Slip!
- Revelation 21:2, The Parousia, part III of III
- Psalm 24:7, The Parousia, part II of III
- 1 Thessalonians 4:17, The Parousia, part I of III
- 1 Corinthians 14:33-34, Women Must Be Quiet In Church!
- Luke 24:2, Why was the Stone Rolled Away?
- Genesis 2:7, Altruism and the Moral Law
- Luke 1:34-35, The Moment of Jesus’ Conception
- Mark 13:14, Pay Attention and Get Out Of Jerusalem!
- Isaiah 5:1, The Lord’s Vineyard
- Romans 16:21, Who Wrote the Gospel of Luke? Part II of II
- Romans 16:21, Who Wrote the Gospel of Luke? Part I of II
- Mark 9:7, The Three-Fold Revelation
- Acts 1:9, Where Did Jesus Go?
- John 1:1, Why Does John Think Jesus Is God?
- Luke 22:38, Two Swords: It Is Enough
- Luke 2:2, The Problem with Quirinius
- Luke 16:11, The Unrighteousness of Money
- 1 John 5:1, Jesus is the Christ
- Judges 6:13, Where are all the miracles?
- 2 Chronicles 24:20-21, Which Zechariah was murdered in the Temple? Part IV of IV
Archives By Month
Archives By Category
My Favorite Feeds
- James' Thoughts and Musings
The Final Days 1: I started The Final Days, by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. I figured that this was an appro...
- Maphead's Book Blog
The Vatican Diaries by John Thavis: One of the cool things about taking part in reading challenges is it gives you the opportunity to se...
- The Bible and Culture
‘Comfortably Numb’??: There is a Pink Floyd song entitled ‘Comfortably Numb’. It is about medicating yourself...
- The Religious Left
Our Saturday Moment: By Garrett FitzGerald Originally posted on Holy Saturday, 2012A few years ago, I was privileged to...
- Threads From Henry's Web
Psalm 122: On Praying for Both Israelis and Palestinians: Bruce Epperly, in his comments on the scriptures for the first Sunday in Advent at Process & Fa...
A Dissenting Opinion on Nelson Mandela: . The following is an article by Jonathan Cook, copied here with permission, from Information Cleari...