Ezekiel 37:27, the Logos (Part III of V)
My dwelling place will be with them: I will be their God, and they will be my people.
//We continue our theme about the Logos, as described in the prologue to John’s Gospel. John has just made a profound claim, that the Logos has finally arrived as promised, and that it came in the form of a flesh-and-blood person! The wording of John’s Gospel is not coincidental; it refers back to the book of Ezekiel—a favorite of the Johannine writings, in particular Revelation—including today’s verse.
Devout Jews looked forward to a future age, an era of righteous reign, when God himself would come back to earth, set up his messianic kingdom, and “tabernacle” among his people. The Jewish Feast of Tabernacles, which is an integral part of John’s theology in his Gospel, anticipates this great day. And now, it has finally arrived! In the opening verses of John’s Gospel, he is telling us about the very day God came down to earth.
Ezekiel and the prophets spoke truly! The promise is fulfilled! God did come back down from heaven, as promised! How can this be?
The Way It Happened
|Revelation: A love story gone awry.||The Gospel: A love story set aright.|
What really happened 2,000 years ago? How did a persecuted minority of end-time believers known as Christians, with their dreams of Armageddon and a conquering Messiah named Jesus, evolve into the largest religion in the world? Author Lee Harmon explores the period in which the New Testament was written in his books about John's Gospel and Revelation.
(Bloggers: you may be eligible for a free review copy! Just contact us.)
The God Show
- Book review: True Paradox: How Christianity Makes Sense Of Our Complex World
- Book review: The Bible Tells Me So
- Book review: That Old Devil Called God Again
- Book review: Calvin for Armchair Theologians
- Book review: Wine and the Word
- Book review: postChristian
- Book review: The Eucharist
- Book review: The Synoptic Problem
- Book review: Lost Christianities
- Come Out of Her My People
- Book review: The Bible Tells Me So
- Book review: We Make the Road by Walking
- Book review: Lincoln’s Bishop
- Book review: Becoming the Son
- Book review: The Beautiful Scientist
- Book review: Healing Marks
- Book review: Make Christmas Real
- Book review: Convictions: How I Learned What Matters Most
- Book review: Jewish Christianity Reconsidered
- Book review: Disciples: How Jewish Christianity Shaped Jesus and Shattered the Church
- Book review: Blueprint for Theocracy: The Christian Right’s Vision for America
- Book review: Excommunicating the Faithful: Jewish Christianity in the Early Church
- Book review: STABLE: The Keys to Heaven on Earth
- Book review: Judas of Nazareth
- Book review: Things That Must Take Place: A Commentary on Revelation Chapters 4-22
- Book review: Heretics for Armchair Theologians
- The Miracle Free Gospel
- Book review: Announcing the Scientific Discovery of God
- Book review: Walking in the Moment between Tick and Tock–From Passover to Pentecost
- Book review: The Gospel of Jesus of Nazareth
- John 21:11 Why 153 Fish?
- John :42-44, The Earliest Christian Church, part IV of IV
- John 8:28, The Earliest Christian Church, Part III of IV
- Galatian 2:9, The Earliest Christian Church, Part II of IV
- Acts 4:32-35: The Earliest Christian Church, Part I of IV
- Mark 6:22-24, Who Wanted John the Baptist Dead?
- Matthew 22:7, The King’s Wedding
- Matthew 9:7, New Wine in Old Bottles
- Mark 10:18, Why do you call me good?
- Exodus 20:26, Beware the Stairs!
- Exodus 32:14, God Repents
- Proverbs 10:15, Wealth is our Fortress
- 2 Samuel 7:16, David’s Throne becomes God’s Throne
- Genesis 9:25, Canaan’s Destiny
- John 20:29, Blessed are the Blind Believers
- Psalm 82:6-7, The Gods Will Die Like Mortals
- Acts 16:17, Libertarian Slaves?
- Deuteronomy 15:4, The Poor Will Be Always With You
- Psalms 121:6, Moonstroke?
- Luke 23:28, Weep For Your Children
- Matthew 15:22, The Canaanite Woman
- John 8:6, Jesus Writes on the Ground
- Leviticus 15:16, Baptism By Immersion Or Sprinkling?
- Genesis 3:15, The Seed of a Woman
- Acts 1:12, A Sabbath Day’s Walk
- John 3:6, Born of the Female Holy Spirit
- 1 Chronicles 22:14, Solomon’s Temple Walls
- Judges 20:16, The Left-Handed Advantage
- Deuteronomy 25:9, Your Brotherly Duty
- Leviticus 11:20, An Easy Law To Keep
Archives By Month
Archives By Category
My Favorite Feeds
- James' Thoughts and Musings
Nicolle Wallace vs. Rosie O'Donnell: On The View yesterday, Republican Nicolle Wallace and Rosie O’Donnell were arguing over whether Pr...
- Maphead's Book Blog
Think Like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner: After years, no, make that decades of reading books I finally did it. I joined a book club. You woul...
- The Bible and Culture
The Gulet Boat Adventures and More: Part Eighteen: The Antalya archaeological museum is a world class museum. Indeed, it has won international awards.
- The Religious Left
Our Saturday Moment: By Garrett FitzGerald Originally posted on Holy Saturday, 2012A few years ago, I was privileged to...
- Threads From Henry's Web
Irregular Verbs and Hermeneutics: In a few minutes I’m leaving to teach Sunday School and we’re talking about the inspirat...
A Simonian Origin for Christianity, Part 13: Simon/Paul and the Law of Moses: For all posts in this series: Roger Parvus: A Simonian Origin for Christianity Previous post in thi...