Collossians 3:14-15, A New Year’s Resolution
Need one more resolution to tie everything together? Join me in this one:
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
The River of Life
The Way It Happened
|Revelation: A love story gone awry.||The Gospel: A love story set aright.|
What really happened 2,000 years ago? How did a persecuted minority of end-time believers known as Christians, with their dreams of Armageddon and a conquering Messiah named Jesus, evolve into the largest religion in the world? Author Lee Harmon explores the period in which the New Testament was written in his books about John's Gospel and Revelation.
(Bloggers: you may be eligible for a free review copy! Just contact us.)
The God Show
- Book review: The River of Life
- God of Fire: The Hope Reformation
- The Weight of a Feather: and Other Stories
- Unapologetic: Why, Despite Everything, Christianity Can Still Make Surprising Emotional Sense
- Book review: You Don’t Understand the Bible Because You Are Christian
- Book review: The Way of Serenity
- Book review: The Beckoning
- Book review: The Two Faces of Christianity
- Book review: The Book of Revelation and the Coming Judgment
- Book review: True Paradox: How Christianity Makes Sense Of Our Complex World
- Book review: The Bible Tells Me So
- Book review: That Old Devil Called God Again
- Book review: Calvin for Armchair Theologians
- Book review: Wine and the Word
- Book review: postChristian
- Book review: The Eucharist
- Book review: The Synoptic Problem
- Book review: Lost Christianities
- Come Out of Her My People
- Book review: The Bible Tells Me So
- Book review: We Make the Road by Walking
- Book review: Lincoln’s Bishop
- Book review: Becoming the Son
- Book review: The Beautiful Scientist
- Book review: Healing Marks
- Book review: Make Christmas Real
- Book review: Convictions: How I Learned What Matters Most
- Book review: Jewish Christianity Reconsidered
- Book review: Disciples: How Jewish Christianity Shaped Jesus and Shattered the Church
- Book review: Blueprint for Theocracy: The Christian Right’s Vision for America
- Matthew 23:33, The Authoritarian God
- Luke 6:20, The First to Enjoy the Kingdom
- Matthew 5:39, Matthew’s Unique Jesus
- Galatians 4:30, Cast aside the Law
- 1 Corinthians 12:27, The Body of Christ
- Matthew 24:34, The Liberal’s Bible
- Mark 1:1 The Messianic Secret
- Mark 3:32-33, The House Church
- Acts 14:14, Paul the Apostle
- Matthew 3:2, Was Jesus a Disciple of John the Baptist?
- John 13:4-5, The Suffering Servant
- Deuteronomy 18:21, How To Know When God Is Speaking
- Exodus 20:4-5, One Calf Or Two? Part II of II
- Exodus 32:4, One Calf Or Two? Part I of II
- Matthew 25:33, What’s Wrong With Goats?
- Genesis 6:14, What Is An Ark?
- Genesis 29:26, Jacob Gets His Just Desserts
- Matthew 28:19-20, The REAL Great Commission
- Matthew 5:13, Doing Good: The Meaning of Christianity, Part II of II
- Matthew 25:33, Doing Good: The Meaning of Christianity, Part I of II
- Luke 17:34-35, The Fate of the Raptured
- Genesis 9:4, God Allows Eating Meat, Part II of II
- Genesis 1:29, God Allows Eating Meat, Part I of II
- Genesis 25:25, The Red and Hairy Edomites
- Genesis 2:7, Rain Brings Forth Life, Part II of II
- Genesis 2:5-6, Rain Brings Forth Life, Part I of II
- Revelation 20:4, The Thousand Year Reign
- Mark 9:24, Pascal’s Wager
- Judges 21:20-21, The Tribe of Benjamin Is Rescued!
- Job 1:4-5 Why Job Ignored His Friends
Archives By Month
Archives By Category
Hello! I'm an author, historical Jesus scholar, book reviewer, and liberal Christian, which means I appreciate and attempt to exercise the humanitarian teachings of Jesus without getting hung up on any particular supernatural or religious beliefs. The Bible is a magnificent book that has inspired and spiritually fed generations for thousands of years, and each new century seems to bring a deeper understanding of life’s purpose. This is true of not only Christianity; through the years, our age-old religions are slowly transforming from superstitious rituals into humanitarian philosophies. In short, we are growing up, and I am thrilled to be riding the wave. I avidly read all thought-provoking religion titles. New authors: I'd love to read and review your book! Contact me here.
Hi! While Lee writes the articles and reviews the books, I edit, organize, and maintain the blog. The views expressed here are Lee's but I'm his biggest supporter! :-)
My Favorite Feeds
- James' Thoughts and Musings
Book Write-Up: Samuel Rutherford: Richard M. Hannula. Samuel Rutherford. Grand Rapids: EP Books, 2014. Samuel Rutherford w...
- Maphead's Book Blog
This Common Secret by Susan Wicklund: Few issues polarize America like abortion. 40 years after the landmark Supreme Court decision Roe vs...
- The Bible and Culture
Walking through Vienna: After WWII, there was a lot of reconstruction in Vienna. But the town fathers decided they wanted to...
- The Religious Left
Our Saturday Moment: By Garrett FitzGerald Originally posted on Holy Saturday, 2012A few years ago, I was privileged to...
- Threads From Henry's Web
When Fear Drives: Recently the topic of risk and danger has come up in several discussions of Christian Ministry. Shau...
The Influence of Isaiah’s Suffering Servant Before Christianity: Isaiah 52:13-53:12 The Suffering Servant 13 Behold, my servant shall prosper, he shall be exalted an...
For Authors & Publishers
Most of the reviews on this blog are provided in exchange for free books, either new publication, pre-publication or early review copies. This disclaimer is posted in accordance with the guidelines of the Federal Trade Commission If you would like your book reviewed by The Dubious Disciple, please contact me first by email with a few words of description. Dubious Disciple reviews feed Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn followers, and duplicate on Amazon, Librarything and GoodReads. Contact me here.