Collossians 3:14-15, A New Year’s Resolution
Need one more resolution to tie everything together? Join me in this one:
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
The Way It Happened
|Revelation: A love story gone awry.||The Gospel: A love story set aright.|
What really happened 2,000 years ago? How did a persecuted minority of end-time believers known as Christians, with their dreams of Armageddon and a conquering Messiah named Jesus, evolve into the largest religion in the world? Author Lee Harmon explores the period in which the New Testament was written in his books about John's Gospel and Revelation.
(Bloggers: you may be eligible for a free review copy! Just contact us.)
The God Show
- Book review: True Paradox: How Christianity Makes Sense Of Our Complex World
- Book review: The Bible Tells Me So
- Book review: That Old Devil Called God Again
- Book review: Calvin for Armchair Theologians
- Book review: Wine and the Word
- Book review: postChristian
- Book review: The Eucharist
- Book review: The Synoptic Problem
- Book review: Lost Christianities
- Come Out of Her My People
- Book review: The Bible Tells Me So
- Book review: We Make the Road by Walking
- Book review: Lincoln’s Bishop
- Book review: Becoming the Son
- Book review: The Beautiful Scientist
- Book review: Healing Marks
- Book review: Make Christmas Real
- Book review: Convictions: How I Learned What Matters Most
- Book review: Jewish Christianity Reconsidered
- Book review: Disciples: How Jewish Christianity Shaped Jesus and Shattered the Church
- Book review: Blueprint for Theocracy: The Christian Right’s Vision for America
- Book review: Excommunicating the Faithful: Jewish Christianity in the Early Church
- Book review: STABLE: The Keys to Heaven on Earth
- Book review: Judas of Nazareth
- Book review: Things That Must Take Place: A Commentary on Revelation Chapters 4-22
- Book review: Heretics for Armchair Theologians
- The Miracle Free Gospel
- Book review: Announcing the Scientific Discovery of God
- Book review: Walking in the Moment between Tick and Tock–From Passover to Pentecost
- Book review: The Gospel of Jesus of Nazareth
- Mark 10:37, Sitting on Jesus’ Left and Right
- Exodus 20:24-25, Where To Offer Sacrifice
- John 21:11 Why 153 Fish?
- John :42-44, The Earliest Christian Church, part IV of IV
- John 8:28, The Earliest Christian Church, Part III of IV
- Galatian 2:9, The Earliest Christian Church, Part II of IV
- Acts 4:32-35: The Earliest Christian Church, Part I of IV
- Mark 6:22-24, Who Wanted John the Baptist Dead?
- Matthew 22:7, The King’s Wedding
- Matthew 9:7, New Wine in Old Bottles
- Mark 10:18, Why do you call me good?
- Exodus 20:26, Beware the Stairs!
- Exodus 32:14, God Repents
- Proverbs 10:15, Wealth is our Fortress
- 2 Samuel 7:16, David’s Throne becomes God’s Throne
- Genesis 9:25, Canaan’s Destiny
- John 20:29, Blessed are the Blind Believers
- Psalm 82:6-7, The Gods Will Die Like Mortals
- Acts 16:17, Libertarian Slaves?
- Deuteronomy 15:4, The Poor Will Be Always With You
- Psalms 121:6, Moonstroke?
- Luke 23:28, Weep For Your Children
- Matthew 15:22, The Canaanite Woman
- John 8:6, Jesus Writes on the Ground
- Leviticus 15:16, Baptism By Immersion Or Sprinkling?
- Genesis 3:15, The Seed of a Woman
- Acts 1:12, A Sabbath Day’s Walk
- John 3:6, Born of the Female Holy Spirit
- 1 Chronicles 22:14, Solomon’s Temple Walls
- Judges 20:16, The Left-Handed Advantage
Archives By Month
Archives By Category
Hello! I'm an author, historical Jesus scholar, book reviewer, and liberal Christian, which means I appreciate and attempt to exercise the humanitarian teachings of Jesus without getting hung up on any particular supernatural or religious beliefs. The Bible is a magnificent book that has inspired and spiritually fed generations for thousands of years, and each new century seems to bring a deeper understanding of life’s purpose. This is true of not only Christianity; through the years, our age-old religions are slowly transforming from superstitious rituals into humanitarian philosophies. In short, we are growing up, and I am thrilled to be riding the wave. I avidly read all thought-provoking religion titles. New authors: I'd love to read and review your book! Contact me here.
Hi! While Lee writes the articles and reviews the books, I edit, organize, and maintain the blog. The views expressed here are Lee's but I'm his biggest supporter! :-)
My Favorite Feeds
- James' Thoughts and Musings
Proceeding to the Deuterocanonical Writings: I am currently reading the Book of Malachi for my daily quiet time. I said in a recent post t...
- Maphead's Book Blog
Think Like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner: After years, no, make that decades of reading books I finally did it. I joined a book club. You woul...
- The Bible and Culture
Lightfoot is Coming!!: Brought to you by our friends at IV Press. It will become available in November, and will be on disc...
- The Religious Left
Our Saturday Moment: By Garrett FitzGerald Originally posted on Holy Saturday, 2012A few years ago, I was privileged to...
- Threads From Henry's Web
Irregular Verbs and Hermeneutics: In a few minutes I’m leaving to teach Sunday School and we’re talking about the inspirat...
Why Christianity Happened — Toward a Secular Approach to Christian Origins: James Crossley is to be highly commended for attempting in Why Christianity Happened: A Sociohistori...
For Authors & Publishers
Most of the reviews on this blog are provided in exchange for free books, either new publication, pre-publication or early review copies. This disclaimer is posted in accordance with the guidelines of the Federal Trade Commission If you would like your book reviewed by The Dubious Disciple, please contact me first by email with a few words of description. Dubious Disciple reviews feed Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn followers, and duplicate on Amazon, Librarything and GoodReads. Contact me here.