Micah 6:8 Christianity
And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
//Ever hear of “Micah 6:8 Christianity?” Without arguing about context, this is an inspiring verse in its simplicity and self-direction. If only our lives could be so simple. Micah 6:8 is also the inspiration for a Charlie Hall song:
You could feed the whole world with the crumbs of old bread
Spread the good news through dreams and stones
With a breath of the wind You could raise up the dead
But You ask us to go
Help us love mercy, help us do justly,
Help us walk humbly with You God
Forget not the widow, the orphan, and slave
O God please remember the helpless today
Call on Your children repairing the breach
There is no place too far that Your mercy can’t reach
For the children who sleep beneath cities at dark
let love go and touch them with your Father’s heart
The Way It Happened
|Revelation: A love story gone awry.||The Gospel: A love story set aright.|
What really happened 2,000 years ago? How did a persecuted minority of end-time believers known as Christians, with their dreams of Armageddon and a conquering Messiah named Jesus, evolve into the largest religion in the world? Author Lee Harmon explores the period in which the New Testament was written in his books about John's Gospel and Revelation.
(Bloggers: you may be eligible for a free review copy! Just contact us.)
The God Show
- Book review: The Certainty of the Unexpected
- Book review: The Question of Canon
- Book review: The Dave Test
- Book review: Worshiping with Charles Darwin
- Book review: Christian History Made Easy
- Book review: Creation Strikes Back
- Book review: Messiah: Origin
- Book review: John’s Gospel: The Way It Happened
- Book review: Battles of the Bible
- Book review: The End of Apologetics
- Book review: Doubting Stephen
- Book review: Revelation: The Way It Happened
- Book review: Mylo
- Book review: The Historical David: The Real Life of an Invented Hero
- Book review: Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
- Book review: The Gatekeepers
- Book review: When the Kings Come Marching In
- Book review: I’m Only Human After All
- Book review: God In Slow Motion
- Book review: Consider the Birds
- Book review: Paul and Judaism Revisited
- Book review: Questioning Your Way to Faith
- Book review: Appletopia: Media Technology and the Religious Imagination of Steve Jobs
- Book review: Minds, Brains, Souls and Gods
- Book review: Invitation to the New Testament
- Book review: Cycles of Salvation History
- Book review: The Problem with Christ
- Book review: 31 Rays of Hope
- Book review: I don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist
- Book review: Billy Graham in Quotes
- John 2:19-21, Living Water, Part II of II
- Ezekiel 47:9, Living Water, Part I of II
- Genesis 8:7, Why the Raven Failed
- Genesis 9:13, God Gives Us the Rainbow
- 1 Corinthians 10:21, Dining at the Table of Demons
- Hebrews 12:1-2, Laying Aside Every Weight
- James 1:1, James and the Q Sayings of Jesus
- John 9:32: Nobody Can Cure the Blind!
- John 3:5: Born out of Water and Spirit
- 2 Corinthians 13:10, The Severe Letter
- 1 Corinthians 14:11, The Barbarians
- Galations 5:11-12, I Wish the Knife Would Slip!
- Revelation 21:2, The Parousia, part III of III
- Psalm 24:7, The Parousia, part II of III
- 1 Thessalonians 4:17, The Parousia, part I of III
- 1 Corinthians 14:33-34, Women Must Be Quiet In Church!
- Luke 24:2, Why was the Stone Rolled Away?
- Genesis 2:7, Altruism and the Moral Law
- Luke 1:34-35, The Moment of Jesus’ Conception
- Mark 13:14, Pay Attention and Get Out Of Jerusalem!
- Isaiah 5:1, The Lord’s Vineyard
- Romans 16:21, Who Wrote the Gospel of Luke? Part II of II
- Romans 16:21, Who Wrote the Gospel of Luke? Part I of II
- Mark 9:7, The Three-Fold Revelation
- Acts 1:9, Where Did Jesus Go?
- John 1:1, Why Does John Think Jesus Is God?
- Luke 22:38, Two Swords: It Is Enough
- Luke 2:2, The Problem with Quirinius
- Luke 16:11, The Unrighteousness of Money
- 1 John 5:1, Jesus is the Christ
Archives By Month
Archives By Category
My Favorite Feeds
- James' Thoughts and Musings
The Final Days 2: On page 73 of The Final Days, by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, we read the following about Judge...
- Maphead's Book Blog
Moment of Battle: The Twenty Clashes That Changed the World: Centuries ago, when I was a wee lad I feel in love with an old book called The Book of Lists. For th...
- The Bible and Culture
Sycamore Row– Sick of More Racism?: I remember the ride very clearly. It was a good number years ago and we were on the way to Tupelo fo...
- The Religious Left
Our Saturday Moment: By Garrett FitzGerald Originally posted on Holy Saturday, 2012A few years ago, I was privileged to...
- Threads From Henry's Web
Psalm 122: On Praying for Both Israelis and Palestinians: Bruce Epperly, in his comments on the scriptures for the first Sunday in Advent at Process & Fa...
Jesus Is Not “As Historical As Anyone Else in the Ancient World”: One of the gold nuggets in Clarke Owens’ Son of Yahweh: The Gospels as Novels is its simple ex...